Helpful
Replies

ISDN BRI S/T 2 BRI S/T

superduperlopez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 2621 with a WIC 1B S/T card and a 2811 with a WIC 1B S/T V3 card

I have connected the two ports with an ethernet cable and configured the 2 Interfaces but I can't ping neither of the interfaces......is this because I don't have a "proper" D channel???

Is there anyway of establishing a link between the two routers using the ISDN interfaces ........ for testing purposes??

interface BRI0/1/0

ip address 84.94.34.84 255.255.255.240

dialer idle-timeout 2147482

dialer map ip 84.94.34.94 name SAMS_router

dialer-group 1

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn spid1 51055530000001 5553000

dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

Thank you for any help........

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

To answer your questions.. Yes, you need a D-channel. You cannot just connect the two ports together on a BRI and expect to get connected locally. The only way to test the BRI is to attach your ISDN service to the ports and test them out. You may be able to get a test ISDN number from your carrier provider that allows you to call the special number and it is a loopback. Or you can use the ISDN call command that allows you to make a test call to verify your ISDN service.To verify ISDN service you can use the show isdn status command to verify your layers 1 through 3. Also you can use debug isdn q921 or debug isdn q931 for any troubleshooting issues..Good Luck....

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

To answer your questions.. Yes, you need a D-channel. You cannot just connect the two ports together on a BRI and expect to get connected locally. The only way to test the BRI is to attach your ISDN service to the ports and test them out. You may be able to get a test ISDN number from your carrier provider that allows you to call the special number and it is a loopback. Or you can use the ISDN call command that allows you to make a test call to verify your ISDN service.To verify ISDN service you can use the show isdn status command to verify your layers 1 through 3. Also you can use debug isdn q921 or debug isdn q931 for any troubleshooting issues..Good Luck....

daysleeper
Level 1
Level 1

If you search on ebay you can find a isdn emulator for connect together two isdn device without the isdn line.

daysleeper
Level 1
Level 1

P.S.

search for isdn simulator...not emulator!