Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ISDN(BRI) to PBX

Hi, I have a small problem with an NM-8B-S/T connecting to a PBX. (Ericson with Basic Rate Card in it).

All ISDN Layers are active, when I dial into the router, I get the following in the debug. (see attached txt file.)

Anyone have any ideas on this one? What does this imply?

*Mar 6 1993 10:09:38.535 UTC: ISDN BR2/0 **ERROR**: accept_incoming_csm_call: modem problem Requested circuit/channel not available(0x2C): b channel 0, call id 0x175

I did an ISDN test call from the BRI2/0 interface and the call went out successfully, Dial in does as per the below and never succeeds.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: ISDN(BRI) to PBX

Did you confirm the ISDN channel is free for dial in ? Did you try to reset the ISDN interface before dial in to the router ? I normally find similar problem when the ISDN channel still not released.

Hope this helps.

Jip did try and do that. Made no difference.

Also when dialing in, looks like the PBX brings up the full BRI 2/0 and not the Bri2/0:1 B-channel?

I found something else though. When doing a 'show modem' it says all the modems are marked B (Bad and not marked for use?) How can I undo that? It is not marked bad in the config and is marked InOut.

Silver

I suggest you go through the ISDN troubleshoot flowchart. It can helps.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094bb8.shtml

Otherwise, did you confirm there is no configuration issue at PBX side ?

Referring to the "Dial commands reference", marked bad may be the firmware problem of the modem, try "no modem bad" and upgrade the modem firmware.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00801a7f1e.html#wp1115576

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content