Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ISDN client can't authnticated by billing

Hi,

I am facing the problem in my ISDN connectivity. In ISP I have two types of users one is simple dialup and second is ISDN. My simple dialup user’s flow is access server(cisco AS5300)->radius->Billing and my ISDN users’s flow is Access Server ->radius and in this ISDN I have created the user profile on my radius machine. This is because whenever I am try to connect my ISDN users through Billing machine I am getting error messages 718 in windows XP client machine but some time it gets connected (70% fail and 30 % success) but whenever I am going to connect the same ISDN connection by user profile that was created on radius then it easily connect. Now I want also to shift my ISDN user’s profile on Billing rather than on radius. Now pls tell me two things,

1) tell me how can I increase the delay in access server during the negotiation between the radius and access servers. Because I think that the default ISDN delay on access server is very small that’s why its unable to connect via billing machine (for authentication and authorization). So pls tell me the command in access server 5300 that can increase the delay.

2) Secondly what u think what would be the problem in this scenario.

1 REPLY
VIP Purple

Re: ISDN client can't authnticated by billing

Hello,

I am not sure if I fully understand your problem, but you might want to try and increase the ´radius-server timeout´ value to something higher than the default 5 seconds.

There are also various radius server attributes which you can set, check this link for a listing of those attributes:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123cgcr/secur_r/sec_p1g.htm#wp1073583

Regards,

GP

Views
Helpful
Replies