Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN Failed - Destination address is non-ISDN

douglashui
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using a BRI ISDN to connect to remote site BRI ISDN.

When use debug isdn q931, the following display:

ISDN BR0 Q931: RX <- ALERTING pd = 8 callref = 0xAC

Progress Ind i = 0x8282 - Destination address is non-ISDN

Is there any solution for this? I have change the isdn T310 timer but it doesn't work.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Can you try dialing out from the other end ?

regds

No, the other end is another company which does not allow dial out.

Below is the debug isdn event and debug isdn q931:

ISDN BR0 Q931: RX <- SETUP_ACK pd = 8 callref = 0xB4 Channel ID i = 0x89

ISDN BR0 EVENT: process_rxstate: ces/callid 1/0x8034 calltype 1 HOST_INFORMATION

ISDN BR0 Q931: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8 callref = 0xB4

ISDN BR0 EVENT: process_rxstate: ces/callid 1/0x8034 calltype 1 HOST_PROCEEDING

ISDN BR0 Q931: RX <- ALERTING pd = 8 callref = 0xB4 Progress Ind i = 0x8282 - Destination address is non-ISDN

ISDN BR0 EVENT: process_rxstate: ces/callid 1/0x8034 calltype 1 HOST_ALERTING

BRI0: wait for isdn carrier timeout, call id=0x8034

ISDN BR0 EVENT: UserIdle: callid 0x8034 received ISDN_HANGUP (0x1)

ISDN BR0 Q931: TX -> DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x34 Cause i = 0x8090 - Normal call clearing

ISDN BR0 Q931: RX <- RELEASE pd = 8 callref = 0xB4 Cause i = 0x8090 - Normal call clearing

ISDN BR0 EVENT: process_rxstate: ces/callid 1/0x8034 calltype 1 HOST_DISCONNECT_ACK

ISDN BR0 Q931: TX -> RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x34

Thanks.

Hi

Based on the output which you have pasted here do find the below possible reasons for the disconnect.

0x8282

82?the public network near the local user (local telco switch)

82 - The ISDN exchange receives a request to route the call through an unrecognized intermediate network.

This cause indicates that the equipment receives a request to route the call through a particular transit network. However, the equipment does not recognize the network.

The equipment that sends this cause does not recognize the transit network due to one of these reasons:

The transit network does not exist.

The transit network exists, but does not serve the equipment that sends this cause.

This cause is supported on a network-dependent basis.

regds

Hi,

The remote site is using Huawei Router. On remote router, it show that the isdn call is received but terminated at layer 3.

When the remote site change to Cisco Router, the ISDN connection is successful.

But the Huawei Router can connect to other Cisco router at another location via ISDN.

Is there any special commnad when connect to Huawei Router?

Thanks.

Hi Douglas

AFAIK you don't require any spl command to make the isdn work also as you have mentioned that it works with other Cisco router i dont see any change in config is required to make it work..

regds