Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN Problem

jamilakhtar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We had previously ISDN working fine dialing in from remote site. Since we changed the ISDN to ISDN2 it stppoed working. Could some one please tell me if there's any difference in configurations for ISDN and ISDN2. Your response will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Jamil

4 Replies 4

bjornarsb
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

BT ISDN2 lines require that the SETUP message be sent without the calling party number for proper dialtone. The set calling number command has been created to solve this interoperability problem.

HTH

Regards,

Bjornarsb

Hi,

Thanks mate, Could you please either point me to some link or give me some example for that. Thanks once again.

Regards,

Jamil

You are welcome.

Here is the reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps331/prod_release_note09186a008007e490.html#xtocid2067414

HTH, rate if it does.

BR

Bjornarsb

Hi Bjornarsb,

I looked at it and on thing that is confising me is set command is onlly used on 700 series routers but I have 800 series router and don't know wether this command is used on that series.

Cold you please help if possible.

Regards,

Jamil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: