Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN RAS solution..

johnson-richard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We currently have around 4 sites that have Watchguard firewalls on, we are looking to implement a backup connection to each Watchguard using an ISDN BRI circuit.

My question is whether an ISDN30 (with 10 channels activated) and a CISCO 2800 series with a VWIC MFT card is sufficient to terminate these circuits at our central site?

I'm not sure if we'll need to also get a digital modem module (e.g PVDM2-12DM) - if we do then we will need to go for the NM-1CE1T1 PRI module to terminate the ISDN30 - as stated in the PVDM DM datasheet.

Thanks in advance for the response..

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

VWIC is not the best choice for DATA ISDN PRI, for reasons a bit lengthy to explain here.

You best choice is the new HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI, that is also compatible with the PVDM2-xDM if you want to add that later.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

I have the same case. But still confuse if i deploy 2 sites with this module for backup the Lease Line (data only), do we need a PVDM? Please, could you send me some document to implementing this case.

Thanks in advanced,

Cuong, Pham.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: