Views
Helpful
Replies

L2TP - LNS Decision by Domain

cassio.gomes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to share with all you about a L2TP scenario that I have.

There are some users connected in the LAC in the different networks and they need to remain separated between them.

Between LAC and LNS there is a single L2TP Tunnel with Nortel devices, and every thing is working fine.

Now I need to replace the LNS device to Cisco 7200 router and I have found a challange to do this.

The Nortel LNS Device can identify the customer by the Domain and then forwards it to the correct network. I have seem that Cisco can do the same feature, however in the Cisco Device I need to this configuration in the LAC device, and in this scenario I must do this configuration in the LNS Device (Cisco 7200).

Could anyone help me to find a better solution to replace Nortel LNS to Cisco LNS keeping the same configuration (by domain).

Please finf enclosed a simple topology to help to understand this scenario.

Thanks in advance

Cassio Gomes

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

Layer Two Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) provides a means to terminate the PPP connection from the end user at one location and transport the L2 data packets to another location. L2TP offloads much of the IP functionality from the aggregation device and allows more centralized network designs. A RADIUS server provides AAA.

Configuration

!

AAA new-model

AAA authentication login default none

AAA authentication ppp default local group radius

AAA authorization network default local group radius none

AAA accounting network default wait-start group radius

!

vpdn-group 1

accept-dialin

protocol any

virtual-template 1

terminate-from hostname cisco-tunnel

local name tunnel-gate

!

radius-server host 172.22.32.20 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646

radius-server key cisco

For further information click this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk15/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093e43.shtml#table26

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: