Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Minimum IOS for cisco 1841 using as RAS

There is one requirement from customer to use 1841 as RAS with 2 serial . This is what we are proposing to them:

Cisco 1841 Router:

Modular Router w/2xFE, 2 WAN slots, 32 FL/128 DR CISCO1841

2-Port Serial WAN Interface Card(1X1)WIC-2T

8-Port Async HWIC (1X1) HWIC-8A

V.35 Cable, DTE Male to Smart Serial, 10 Feet (1X2) CAB-SS-V35MT

High Density 8-port Async Cable w/ 8 DB-25 Modem Connectors (1X1) CAB-HD8-KIT

Now the confusion is does the standard IOS that comes in cisco 1841 support to use it as Remote access server (RAS) or not? If not then what is the minimum IOS that required to support this router to use as RAS.

Hope someone will help me to quote the same to my customer.

Thanks

Suresh

2 REPLIES

Re: Minimum IOS for cisco 1841 using as RAS

Hi Suresh,

Please i'd like a configuration and procedural guide of how to implement dial-up out of band access in to a wick card on a cisco 3700 switch.

A more relevant group for this was Tejal Patel, i tried to subscribe to Tejal Patels group on "configuration and troubleshooting platforms for any access-dial issues" but couldn;t .

Please if you can help or direct me to Tejal woould be grateful.

Re: Minimum IOS for cisco 1841 using as RAS

Hi

All Cisco IOS support Dial-in remote access.Until and unless you do not need advanced security and encryption, the default config. will do.

Check out the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5949/products_data_sheet0900aecd80274416.html

Pls rate if it helps

Regards

JD

Views
Helpful
Replies