Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

multicast on 851w not supported? HELP needed...

Hi, all, I am working on a project to enable multicast for home workers. Most employees have 851W at home and run ezvpn to headquarter ASA. Since ASA does not support DMVPN/VTI therefore mulitcast is not possible, so I plan to move ezvpn headend to a Cisco ISR, when trying to do a POC setup at home, I am surprised to find out that 851W does not even support mulitcast (ip pim command not available)!! I am running c850-advsecurityk9-mz.124-15.T7.bin, is there any other 850 image that supports ezvpn (client only), VTI and multicast? I searched feature navigator, but could not find any. I could not believe it, I thought multicast is just like IP routing, should be built-in in any IOS images. Thanks a lot..

3 REPLIES

Re: multicast on 851w not supported? HELP needed...

Bascially - if it's not in the feature navigator, then the platform does not support it.

Is there a specific requirement for multicasting - application based?

The application is to run voip over wireless, in order to support voice broadcast/paging functionality, multicast is needed.

Cisco Employee

Jiang,

It is my understanding that the 851 routers do not support PIM.

You need a minimum of 871 routers to do multicast. Please refer the below URL for details.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/ps6200/prod_qas0900aecd8028a982.html

Regards,

Arul

** Please rate all helpful posts **

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content