cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

no connection via ssh 2

djoptico1
Level 1
Level 1

Im trying to connect to my router via ssh 2 but ssh authentication doesn't allow me.

These are the commands that I'm using:

switch(config)#username joseph password cisco

switch(config)#ip domain-name usa.com

switch(config)#crypto key generate rsa

switch(config)#ip ssh version 2

switch(confg)#line vty 0 4

switch(config-line)#transport input telnet ssh

Any help is welcome

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jose

The parts of the config seem reasonable (assuming that there would have been no error messages as they were entered). It looks like SSH ver 2 should be enabled. The output of show ip ssh from the router/switch would confirm this.

So my first question is can you verify that you do have IP connectivity from where you are attempting to do ssh to the router/switch? (probably  verifying that a ping to the router/switch is successful would be a good test of this)

My second question is can you tell us whether the vty lines are configured with any access-class? And if there is an access class then what IP address space does it permit, and is your source device within that address space?

My third question is whether the router/switch has any aaa configured? If so can you tell us details of what is configured?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jose

The parts of the config seem reasonable (assuming that there would have been no error messages as they were entered). It looks like SSH ver 2 should be enabled. The output of show ip ssh from the router/switch would confirm this.

So my first question is can you verify that you do have IP connectivity from where you are attempting to do ssh to the router/switch? (probably  verifying that a ping to the router/switch is successful would be a good test of this)

My second question is can you tell us whether the vty lines are configured with any access-class? And if there is an access class then what IP address space does it permit, and is your source device within that address space?

My third question is whether the router/switch has any aaa configured? If so can you tell us details of what is configured?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Correct!!! I forget the aaa configuration.

Thanks!!!

Jose

I am glad that my suggestions did help you to identify and correct the problem. Thank you for using the rating system to mark this question as answered (and thanks for the points). It makes the forum more useful when people can read about an issue and can know that a solution was found. Your marking has contribued to this process.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: