cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No VPN Wizard in ASA ASDM Version 6.0(2)

AnnaStephanie
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA 5520 device and I do not see the VPN Wizard in the ASDM software version 6.0(2).

4 Replies 4

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

1) Did you installed Java Plug in window/linux.?

2) VPN Wizard Only work into Context Mode ... Not in transperant Mode.

Using the VPN Wizard

The VPN Wizard configures basic VPN access for LAN-to-LAN or remote client access. The VPN Wizard is available only for security appliances running in single context mode and routed (not transparent) firewall mode.

To use the VPN Wizard to configure VPN, perform the following steps:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Click Wizards > VPN Wizard.

Step 2 Supply information on each wizard pane. Click Next to move through the VPN Wizard panes. You may use the default IPSec and IKE policies. Click Help for more information about each field.

Step 3 After you complete the VPN Wizard information, click Finish on the last pane to transmit the configuration to the security appliance.

Look on : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6121/prod_release_note09186a008080ce24.html#wp55560

3) Last upgrate ASDM ver 6.0(2) to 6.3(X).

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

1. I am using the ASDM launcher in Windows

2. I changed the mode to multiple but I still cannot see the VPN wizard

VPN is not supported in multiple context mode.

Hello,

I changed the firewall to single, routed mode and now I see the VPN Wizard. Thanks for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: