Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Out-of-band dialin to AUX port

Hi

Setting up a modem to dial into on the AUX port has been a nightmare. I have the following configured on R1:

line aux 0

password cisco

login

modem inout

speed 115200

flowcontrol hardware

transport input all

modem auto configure type default

I then have to reverse telnet to the modem, this being necessary for a remote dialin to connect to the aux port. However, when I dialin from a remote pc using the normal Microsoft dial-up connection, I get a black window with a blinking prompt but I'm unable to type in window. If I enter a command in the window, I can see it being entered into the modem of the AUX port. If I click the button called DONE on this screen, it gets stuck on "verifying username and password". The reverse consol session then shoots out garbage characters and connection drops.

All I want is a simple out-of-band dialin to connect to a remote router. I have spent 2 valuable days on this and gone through all documentation. Is it my dial-up connection or the modem (the modem is a standard 56k V.92/V.90 with NO dip switches only software switches). The only AT command I've used is the at&f1s0=1 I simply cannot get hold of a USRobotics modem in this country. I have tried connecting at 9600 but that doesn't work.

Help please

Marcus

1 REPLY

Re: Out-of-band dialin to AUX port

Views
Helpful
Replies