cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pix 501 vpn access

riverajuan
Level 1
Level 1

I configured my pix 501 to receive incoming vpn and works perfect however if the site I'm triyin to conet from also has a pix 501 It will not conect.

when both places have a pix the connection will not work. Any help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

potterc4660
Level 1
Level 1

You say you configured your pix for incommming vpn connection, what kind of connection? From vpn software clients? From hardware clients? From another PIX? Concentrator? If you would provide a little more information I would be happy to provide configuration help.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

what error mesage it is giving...there may be the problem of the authentication or may be parameter missmatch...

so please give the full discription to troublshoot...

regards

Devang

The error mesage Im receiving is , error 721: The remote computerdid not respond.

Thanks

Error 721: Remote PPP peer or computer is not responding. If you have tried many thing other people suggest like rebooting, reloading hardware and re-installing the VPN or dial in connection, you still get the same problem. I will suggest to check the router settings and make sure TCP Port 1723, IP Protocol 47 (GRE) are opened. Also make sure that the router has the PPTP enabled and not firewall block the traffic. On the RAS server, check the DHCP settings

hope this will help you

rate this post if it helps

regards

Devang

potterc4660
Level 1
Level 1

You say you configured your pix for incommming vpn connection, what kind of connection? From vpn software clients? From hardware clients? From another PIX? Concentrator? If you would provide a little more information I would be happy to provide configuration help.

n.reinhardt
Level 1
Level 1

I think I understand what you are saying is that if you are behind a PIX501 and trying to create a VPN tunnel to your PIX501, you are unable to do so.

On your pix, enter the following command

crypto isakmp nat-traversal 30

Easiest way to describe what this does is that it will allow your PIX501 to establish a VPN tunnel with your remote system when the remote system is NAT'd behind another firewall, such as another PIX501.

I think you are close to the ansewer. let me explain better to see if you can help.

in usvi I have a pix 501 installed. i configure it to receive incoming vpn from portable computer at my home. to conect to the pix i go to windows in my home and configured a vpn conection using windos xp i provide windows xp with the pix 501 fix ip and the user and password i configured in the pix 501. when i select the connection it works exellent.

now, when i take my personal computer that has windows configured and conect to a lan that has a pix protecting it that same connection that was working from my home will not conect it guives me an error 721. it the computer im trying to connect is not responding. i enter the line you sugested on on the pix that is not at usvi and still not able to connect. I understand the problem is not at the pix that i'm triying to connect but the one i'm originating the coonection because if I dont have a pix connected I'm able to conect to the pix at usvi. hope you undestand and can provide another command line that i can enter that might let me do the task, thanks to all that had taken the time to make sugestion that might help.

On the PIX that you are connecting from, not usvi

pixfirewall(config)#fixup protocol pptp 1723

potterc4660: Sir thank you! Greatly apreciate your help. Work perfect. Now I'm able to connect trough the pix. Yesss!!! Thanks also to all.

no problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: