Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPP double dial problem with BRI

I have two routers, A and B. When router A call router B the isdn call is setup, and I can ping both router.

However I don't understand why router B systematically recall router A.

so when I execute the command : show isdn active, my two B channel are active.

I have not configure ppp multlink, also callback is not configured too, and there is not much trafic because LAN interface are no connected. How can I avoid the second router to call me.

thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: PPP double dial problem with BRI

Is you dialer load threshold set to a low # on RouterB? Please post the relevant config.

--Sundar

Bronze

Hi Kaine,

If you run "debug dialer" and "debug dialer packet" on B, you will know why its dialing out back towards A.

Thanks and Regards,

~Zulfiqar

I really don't understand what happening, it's not the first time I configure ISDN with DDR and I have some experience in the field.

When router_A call router_B (or inversely when B call A) the ping works only when both channel are UP. Each router use a different channel to talk with the remote router. When one of the channel is down (example BRI0:2) the ping stop working.

From router_A (192.168.199.2) when I execute : ping 192.168.199.1, the "echo request" bring up the channel BRI0:1, and continue to use this channel

On router_B (192.168.199.1) the debug dialer show that router_B bring up the channel BRI0:2 to send "echo-reply".

the first ping suceed with 20% only, and the link take too many time to bring up (time to bring up the twoo channel).

I have compare with different configuration, and I can't see where I could made an mistake.

thank in advance for your help

Bronze

Hello,

I am not sure if this is related to your problem, but check your CHAP configurations: your router A has hostname RT, yet you are sending

ppp chap hostname A19

while A19 is the name of router B.

Try and change the chap statement on router A to:

ppp chap hostname RT

and on router B to:

ppp chap hostname A19

and see if that makes a difference...

Regards,

Nethelper

Views
Helpful
Replies