cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PPPoE issue on 7206VXR

c.baum
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to configure a PPPoE session on a 7206VXR however all the commands such as ppp on an eth interface, vpdn in global config are missing.

The IOS says that its supported:

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.3(4r)T3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

BOOTLDR: 7200 Software (C7200-KBOOT-M), Version 12.3(9), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

System image file is "disk2:c7200-pk9u2-mz.123-14.T3.bin"

which is service provider with ipsec etc..

Am I missing something obvious? I also have a 8000 user license but at the moment in the labs only need a couple of lines and the docs say <1000 no license needs to be enabled.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I ran your IOS release through the software advisor, and it looks like indeed that PPPoE is not supported in your feature pack (SERVICE PROVIDER IPSEC 3DES LAWFUL INTERCEPT).

You would need e.g. the SP Services feature pack 12.4(2)T1 (c7200-spservicesk9-mz.12.4-2.T1) to support PPPoE.

What other features do you need ? Do you have access to the Software Advisor tool (see the link below)?

Cisco Software Advisor

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/Fusion/FusionHome.do

If you don't, let me know, the tool allows you to find an IOS that supports whatever features you need. I am not sure what exactly the 'SERVICE PROVIDER IPSEC 3DES LAWFUL INTERCEPT' includes, but we might be able to find something compatible WITH PPPoE support...

Regards,

GP

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello,

I ran your IOS release through the software advisor, and it looks like indeed that PPPoE is not supported in your feature pack (SERVICE PROVIDER IPSEC 3DES LAWFUL INTERCEPT).

You would need e.g. the SP Services feature pack 12.4(2)T1 (c7200-spservicesk9-mz.12.4-2.T1) to support PPPoE.

What other features do you need ? Do you have access to the Software Advisor tool (see the link below)?

Cisco Software Advisor

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/Fusion/FusionHome.do

If you don't, let me know, the tool allows you to find an IOS that supports whatever features you need. I am not sure what exactly the 'SERVICE PROVIDER IPSEC 3DES LAWFUL INTERCEPT' includes, but we might be able to find something compatible WITH PPPoE support...

Regards,

GP

GP, Thanks for that, I have access to the tool and thought I'd run it through, just checked again and got:

Image Name DRAM Flash Life Cycle

c7200-pk9u2-mz.12.3-14.T 128 48 ED

AAA Double Authentication Secured by Absolute Timeout

Accounting server connectivity failure and recovery detection

ACL - Support for Non-Contiguous Port Ranges on an ACE

PPP MLP MRRU negotiation configuration

PPPoE Session Limit per NAS port

So must have seen that PPPoE session Limit per NAS port and registered it as supporting pppoE.

Currently getting the distributor to provide your suggested.

It's current use is only as a B-RAS within an Inter-operability model and so we were trying as many full features northbound into a core of a err chinese router :)

Will let you know how it works.

Craig.

Hello Craig,

I came across the same feature (PPPoE Session Limit per NAS port), but I think the feature you are looking for is called 'PPPoE for Ethernet', and that feature is apparently not supported in your release.

The IOS I suggested was just that, a suggestion...I think PPPoE is supported in many other IOS releases as well.

Regards,

GP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: