Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

pppoe issue

I have a 7200 series router and i wana terminate pppoe cleint thru wireless and i have 30 remote site connecting thru sdh 2 mb link with 2811 at the remote site. 2811 is pppoe client so i cant terminate remote wireless client directlt coming to 2811 directly. what i wan know is is it possible that my traffic come to 2811 and then i bridge all traffic to 7200 series router installed at central location. if yes any body send me the command reffernce for this thanks

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: pppoe issue

The user must use the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the resource.

Manually specify the domain name information in the Windows PC TCP/IP properties. This may

be the only feasible option for a NAS with a large Windows 95 or 98 client base. Use bootp

and DHCP to obtain this information after IPCP negotiation is complete.

The Windows client sends a DHCP inform packet to the NAS, which then sends back the domain

name information. The DHCP functionality can either be on the NAS itself or an external

DHCP server. Currently only Windows 2000 and XP clients support sending DHCP inform. Use

the Microsoft website to verify this.

So to support this is appears you would have to setup dhcp on the router as opposed to

just having a local pool configured.

So something like this:

ip dhcp pool pppoe-pool

network x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

dns-server y.y.y.y

domain-name xxx

lease infinite

update arp

!

int virtual-tempplate xx

peer default ip address dhcp-pool pppoe-pool

With dhcp, don't forget to exlcude any ip addresses you don't want.

W1MS-8.4-3745-A(config)#ip dhcp ex

W1MS-8.4-3745-A(config)#ip dhcp excluded-address ?

A.B.C.D Low IP address

W1MS-8.4-3745-A(config)#ip dhcp excluded-address 1.1.1.1 ?

A.B.C.D High IP address

under the

virtual-template if the end device is requesting the dns information.

int virtual-template xx

ppp ipcp dns x.x.x.x

IF ip nat outside is not correctly configured then pppoe users unable to ping the internet .

Views
Helpful
Replies