cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI and dialer profiles

a.mountouris
Level 1
Level 1

If a PRI belongs to more than one pools, can I configure dialer interfaces belonging to those pools and be active at the same time?

For example PRI (d channel) belongs to pools 1 and 2, dialer1 belongs to pool 1 and dialer2 belongs to pool 2. Can I have both dialers 1 & 2 active?

The PRI is used for incoming calls (isdn backup for remote sites).

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

In this case you need to reserve max channels for each dialer pool so that you can have the dialer interfaces active at the same time.

You can even configure one dialer to accept incomin calls and the other for dial out..

regds

Hello spremkumar and many thanks for the answer.

What I want to achieve actually is to have this PRI for the ISDN back up of about 10 branches.

The reason why I need each branch to have different dialer (1 to 10) is that I need to have some characteristics different on each dialer. All the traffic is x.25 and I do qllc conversion so for every branch I have different configuration on each dialer. So I can not use rotary groups or a generic dialer on a pool.

I tried to put all dialers on the same pool. The problem I had is that only one dialer could come up each time. All of them could connect BUT only one each time. Seems that the first dialer that was coming up, reseved the whole PRI even if it used only one B channel.

So I am thinking of puting each dialer in a different pool.

There are no dialouts from the central router (PRI).

What do you think of this scenario?

hi

Create different dialer pools which is 10 in your case and allot the maximum channels they can use.

Once you are done with this then create seperate dialers for each of your locations and bind the dilaer pool under them.

you can refer this link for reserving channels for the dialer profiles..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk133/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094559.shtml

regds