Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI as E1 connection

shawvoel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

My customer have a NM-1CE1T1-PRI, they would like configure this module as a PRI connection, can they make the PRI as a trunk instead of configure channelize?

Which mean bundle 30 channels into a single connection, how can I configure that way and how the configuration look like?

Can anyone please help on this?

Many thank's.

Rgds,

Au Yeong Shaw Voel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Entering this command will generate a serial interface using the number of the channel group.

In my example this would give int s0/0:1.

The two B-channels that are used for control (was it 0 & 15 or 15 & 31?) are automatically omitted from the channel.

Regards,

Leo

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Do you mean something like this:

controller E1 0/0

framing NO-CRC4

channel-group 1 timeslots 1-30

Regards,

Leo

Hi Leo,

I'm not sure, will this command group 1-30 channels as a single connection just like E1?

How can I configure my interface? Is it something like this,

interface serial 0/0:15

After I configure this interface, do it need to configure dialer profile?

Thank you.

Rgds,

Shaw Voel

Entering this command will generate a serial interface using the number of the channel group.

In my example this would give int s0/0:1.

The two B-channels that are used for control (was it 0 & 15 or 15 & 31?) are automatically omitted from the channel.

Regards,

Leo

Thank Leo, got what you mean.

Dear Leo

Now the point where i'm stucking is how i will use this to connect to Remote site.

do i have to create Dialer pool

regards

Ajay Kumar

OK, I was looking through my older posts when I found this hanging loose..

The solution would consist of configuring a dialer to dial on backup. You can find how to do this in the following doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1828/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008008721f.html

Then you need to use the dialer load-threshold command to activate multiple channels at once. I enclosed a link to the command ref:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008008000e.html

Now I suggest that you make study of this, I have never had to build something like this myself but this is appearently how it is done. Please feel free to repost if you have a config that needs to be checked.

Regards,

Leo

degeese79
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I would like to configure a PRI as a Backup line, using all of they 30 channels.

I was searching in cisco documentation, but i don't find anything.

I suposse, that the configuration is similar that one backup with a bri interface.

Router A:

E1

Serial -- transport data

PRI -- backup to serial, transport only data.

Router B

PRI concentrator

PRI -- This call to Router A with all of their channels. (30), creating a buckup line with 1544Mb

?Is it possible?, ?how can i configure it?

Thanks