Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PRI as E1 connection

Hi All,

My customer have a NM-1CE1T1-PRI, they would like configure this module as a PRI connection, can they make the PRI as a trunk instead of configure channelize?

Which mean bundle 30 channels into a single connection, how can I configure that way and how the configuration look like?

Can anyone please help on this?

Many thank's.

Rgds,

Au Yeong Shaw Voel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PRI as E1 connection

Entering this command will generate a serial interface using the number of the channel group.

In my example this would give int s0/0:1.

The two B-channels that are used for control (was it 0 & 15 or 15 & 31?) are automatically omitted from the channel.

Regards,

Leo

7 REPLIES

Do you mean something like this:

controller E1 0/0

framing NO-CRC4

channel-group 1 timeslots 1-30

Regards,

Leo

Hi Leo,

I'm not sure, will this command group 1-30 channels as a single connection just like E1?

How can I configure my interface? Is it something like this,

interface serial 0/0:15

After I configure this interface, do it need to configure dialer profile?

Thank you.

Rgds,

Shaw Voel

Entering this command will generate a serial interface using the number of the channel group.

In my example this would give int s0/0:1.

The two B-channels that are used for control (was it 0 & 15 or 15 & 31?) are automatically omitted from the channel.

Regards,

Leo

Thank Leo, got what you mean.

Dear Leo

Now the point where i'm stucking is how i will use this to connect to Remote site.

do i have to create Dialer pool

regards

Ajay Kumar

OK, I was looking through my older posts when I found this hanging loose..

The solution would consist of configuring a dialer to dial on backup. You can find how to do this in the following doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1828/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008008721f.html

Then you need to use the dialer load-threshold command to activate multiple channels at once. I enclosed a link to the command ref:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008008000e.html

Now I suggest that you make study of this, I have never had to build something like this myself but this is appearently how it is done. Please feel free to repost if you have a config that needs to be checked.

Regards,

Leo

hi,

I would like to configure a PRI as a Backup line, using all of they 30 channels.

I was searching in cisco documentation, but i don't find anything.

I suposse, that the configuration is similar that one backup with a bri interface.

Router A:

E1

Serial -- transport data

PRI -- backup to serial, transport only data.

Router B

PRI concentrator

PRI -- This call to Router A with all of their channels. (30), creating a buckup line with 1544Mb

?Is it possible?, ?how can i configure it?

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content