cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem in RAS: anyone can access it

missaissa
Level 1
Level 1

I have cisco AS5300, he has 4 ports T1 and serial port.

usually I configure it by HyperTerminal from my computer via serial port.

i'm the administrator add and remove user accounts so people can pass with their names and passwords via dialUp connection.

but I found that anyone can access its prompt (so configure it if have password) from any remote computer by hyperTerminal by calling it's dedicated phone number. (the connection comes from T1 line)

if this ability is always exist, anyone can try any number of (passwords) and who knows....

how can i prevent that, so no one can enter to AS5300 prompt(from T1 line) except me from the serial port.

what I have to do?

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

mohssen

Would I be correct in assuming from your description of the situation that you have configured the dial in lines with async mode interactive? This allows a user to get an exec prompt and to potentially login to the router. I would suggest that you configure with async mode dedicated which does not allow the exec prompt and therefore prevents the dial user from logging in to the router.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: