Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem with idle-timeout

Hi.

We have a problem with an idle-timeout witch a 3640 (ios release 12.2(40).

It seems that idle-timeout timer is non cleared, so when it reach configured timeout it bring down call.

Configuration of int dialer is:

int dialer100

ip address negotiated

ip nat outside

encapsulation ppp

no ip mroute-cache

dialer pool 1

dialer idle-timeout 600

dialer string *********

dialer-group 2

no fair-queue

no cdp enable

ppp authentication chap

ppp chap hostname ********

ppp chap password ********

and here:

cisco3640#sh isd active

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ISDN ACTIVE CALLS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call Calling Called Remote Seconds Seconds Seconds Charges

Type Number Number Name Used Left Idle Units/Currency

Out ---N/A--- 0654224972 ARCNED 401 3198 401 0

seconds idle are 401, but at this time we are transmitting data across dialer100 interface

if I issue a ping command inside the router, idle seconds are properly cleared, but from the other machine this wouldn't happen.

Anyone have an idea about this problem?

Thanks in advance

Daniele

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Problem with idle-timeout

Daniele

I am not sure that I fully understand what is happening in your situation. It would help to have the config from both routers. And it would help to inlude the dialer-list from the config that goes with the dialer group from the dialer interface.

In general what we frequently see in situations similar to what you describe is that one of the routers does not have dialer group configured or that the dialer-list is very restrictive. If we could see these details from your routers we could make a better determination. But I believe that your description that if you ping on this router the idle seconds are cleared but not on the other router is an indication that the other router does not have dialer group configured.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content