Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Dialout-EZ and Cisco 3725 RAS Bundle

Hi,

I’ve installed a Cisco 3725 RAS bundle (3725 PRI Dial Bundle: NM-30DM,NM-1CE1B, IP IOS), which works ok for incoming calls. I’ve installed Dialout-EZ in order for me to use virtual modems for outgoing calls.

I can commumicate via the virtual com port to the 3725's modems using Hyper-terminal and I can successfully run AT commands.

The problem I get is when I try to issue an ATDT command, i.e. make an outgoing call. I get NO CARRIER. I’ve checked that the ISDN30 can make outgoing calls, and according to the carrier, it can. I’ve looked at the sample configs for Cisco on the Dialout-EZ software supplier, and I appear to have set the 3725 up as recommended.

Not sure if anyone have any ideas as to why I’m getting this message!

Regards,

Keith

4 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Re: Problems with Dialout-EZ and Cisco 3725 RAS Bundle

Hello Keith,

can you post the configuration of the 3725 ? Do you have the lines configured with ´modem inout ?

Regards,

GP

Hi GP,

Config attached - hope this helps?!

Regards,

Keith

VIP Purple

Hello Keith,

the config looks good...

Can you post the output of ´debug modem´ as well ?

There is a procedure to test outgoing calls, using reverse telnet, you might want to have a look at this document, not sure if this helps:

Troubleshooting DialOut/EZ

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/univgate/ps501/products_configuration_example09186a00800a1992.shtml#ts

Regards,

GP

Hi GP,

I've attached a tracefile running debug on modem and modem trace all.

Reverse Telnet works ok and using Hyperterminal. I've included this in the tracefile also

Hope you can help?

Keith

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content