cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problems with NM-4B-S/T

mljevakovic
Level 3
Level 3

I've just put NM-4B-S/T in 2811 route and started router but router cannot see this modul. All LEDs on NM-4B-S/T are green and router can see the other interfaces. Could you give me some advice?

21 Replies 21

Hello,

which IOS version are you running ?

The module is supported starting with 12.2(8)T, 12.3(8)T should also recognize it. Can you try and load any of these ?

Regards,

GP

the IOS ver is c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.123-11.T5.bin

I have IOS c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.123-11.T5.bin on the router how can I get above ver to test it?

Hardware ver of this card is 0.

Hello,

is this a new module ? The IOS version is sufficient. Do you have another router where you can test this in ? The module could simply be broken...

Regards,

GP

yes it is new as a router. I tested this module in cisco 2611 router and it recognized it. Also I tried with IOS c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-3a.bin without success. Is it maybe problem with hardware version and 2800 router series.

Hello,

can you try 12.3(8)T ? I have seen cases where you need the exact IOS version that is required. Higher versions are not necessarily always backwards compatible...

Regards,

GP

how and where can get it?

Hi

You can download the reqd IOS code from here...

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/sw-ios.shtml

But do note that you need to have the login with necessary privileges to do so..

regds

Hi,

I tried with 12.3(8)T but the router still cannot see it. I put this modul in 2611XM and this router see it without problem. Also I put another NM modul in 2811 NM-8B-S/T=, router see it without problem.

I think the router (2811) is OK and also probably NM-4B-S/T but there is a conflit between them.

I'll try to replace this module.

Hi

As per the datasheet avl Cisco 2811 does support NM-4B-S/T card.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_data_sheet0900aecd8016fa68.html

Can you post out the show version and show controllers o/p here ??

regds

here it is

Hi

Currently you are running with 12.3(11).T5.bin can you try to run with the ios code as prescribed by GP in his earlier post ?

have u uploaded the other version 12.3(8)T onto ur router and tried running with that ?

regds

As I said I’ve already tested with 12.3(8)T without success.

Hi

I did give a try with advsecurity feature set which u r currently using in ur box and it did give me attached ios codes with the h/w requirements.

suggest to check the same and try going on with any one of the ios code to ur box..

regds