Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

problems with NM-4B-S/T

I've just put NM-4B-S/T in 2811 route and started router but router cannot see this modul. All LEDs on NM-4B-S/T are green and router can see the other interfaces. Could you give me some advice?

21 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Re: problems with NM-4B-S/T

Hello,

which IOS version are you running ?

The module is supported starting with 12.2(8)T, 12.3(8)T should also recognize it. Can you try and load any of these ?

Regards,

GP

the IOS ver is c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.123-11.T5.bin

I have IOS c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.123-11.T5.bin on the router how can I get above ver to test it?

Hardware ver of this card is 0.

VIP Purple

Hello,

is this a new module ? The IOS version is sufficient. Do you have another router where you can test this in ? The module could simply be broken...

Regards,

GP

yes it is new as a router. I tested this module in cisco 2611 router and it recognized it. Also I tried with IOS c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-3a.bin without success. Is it maybe problem with hardware version and 2800 router series.

VIP Purple

Hello,

can you try 12.3(8)T ? I have seen cases where you need the exact IOS version that is required. Higher versions are not necessarily always backwards compatible...

Regards,

GP

how and where can get it?

Hi

You can download the reqd IOS code from here...

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/sw-ios.shtml

But do note that you need to have the login with necessary privileges to do so..

regds

Hi,

I tried with 12.3(8)T but the router still cannot see it. I put this modul in 2611XM and this router see it without problem. Also I put another NM modul in 2811 NM-8B-S/T=, router see it without problem.

I think the router (2811) is OK and also probably NM-4B-S/T but there is a conflit between them.

I'll try to replace this module.

Hi

As per the datasheet avl Cisco 2811 does support NM-4B-S/T card.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_data_sheet0900aecd8016fa68.html

Can you post out the show version and show controllers o/p here ??

regds

here it is

Hi

Currently you are running with 12.3(11).T5.bin can you try to run with the ios code as prescribed by GP in his earlier post ?

have u uploaded the other version 12.3(8)T onto ur router and tried running with that ?

regds

As I said I’ve already tested with 12.3(8)T without success.

Hi

I did give a try with advsecurity feature set which u r currently using in ur box and it did give me attached ios codes with the h/w requirements.

suggest to check the same and try going on with any one of the ios code to ur box..

regds

first of all I cannot download IOS from Cisco, and second I tried with this IOS c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-3a and it was the same

VIP Purple

Hello,

just one question: when you initially inserted the module, did you power the router down ? The 2811 does not support online insertion and removal, and I wonder if the slot might be damaged. Or does the 8 port card you tried out work well in the same slot ?

Regards,

GP

1. yes, I did.

2. NM-4B-S/T doesn't work in the slot

3. NM-8B-S/T work in the slot also NM-16A

Hi,

after replacing an old NM-4B-S/T with new one we still have the same problem, i.e. the router Cisco 2811 (revision 53.51) with 249856K/12288K bytes of memory cannot recognize this Network Module. Again we tried this NM in Cisco 2611XM and it works.

IOS Ver. is c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.123-11.T5.bin on the 2811. As I earlier said we tested NM slot on the router with other NM (NM-8B-S/T and NM-16A) and they worked.

This is very stressed for us and our customer (this is the third NM-4B-S/T which we got from our distributor) so PLEASE do you have any information about this kind of problem.

I’ll give you an information about this card from the box:

REV: -D0

NM-4B-ST=

Special: 800-01237-03

Serial#: 30755020

Hi,

after replacing an old NM-4B-S/T with new one we still have the same problem, i.e. the router Cisco 2811 (revision 53.51) with 249856K/12288K bytes of memory cannot recognize this Network Module. Again we tried this NM in Cisco 2611XM and it works.

IOS Ver. is c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.123-11.T5.bin on the 2811. As I earlier said we tested NM slot on the router with other NM (NM-8B-S/T and NM-16A) and they worked.

This is very stressed for us and our customer (this is the third NM-4B-S/T which we got from our distributor) so PLEASE do you have any information about this kind of problem.

I’ll give you an information about this card from the box:

REV: -D0

NM-4B-ST=

Special: 800-01237-03

Serial#: 30755020

Bronze

Hello,

do you have an external email address and if so can you post it here ?

Regards,

Nethelper

Cisco Employee

Hello,

You could try issuing the command

show diag

This command retrieves the hardware diagnostic information about installed modules. You should at least see the module listed, even if not recognized, in that listing. If you see it then it is probably just a IOS version issue. If you do not see it then there might be some kind of harware problem between the module and your router.

This is surely a very interesting problem... maybe it would be worth raising a report to the TAC if you have such possibility.

With best regards,

Peter

Views
Helpful
Replies