Views
Helpful
Replies

RAS with multiple BRI

olel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have heritated of a very confusing problem, regarding my poor knowledge of the subject, and the very few examples of that type of config on the net :

* Here is the environment :

We have a cisco 2620 router with 8 BRI acting as RAS.

Each BRI is linked to an ISDN line, all lines are reachable by a unique phone number.

Authentication is done by radius.

All remote users willing to connect have their own ISDN lines and are using a PC with ISDN adapter.

* Now, here is the problem:

When a user connects to the router, one of the ISDN line is triggered, Layer 2 PPP is ok, Layer 3 too. He's connected successfully to the network.

Now, when a second user is connecting, one of the other bri line is coming up, the connection, authentication, are successfully done, he has access to the network, but the first user immediatly looses all IP capabilities. The line is still up, but he is unable to access the network.

To make short : only one user at a time is able to connect successfully to the network... Annoying when you have 8 BRI available....

You can see the config of the router in attachments.

I've searched cisco site in vain for the moment...

Does anyone have a clue ?

Remarks:

* I don't even know if that type of config is valid...

* Authentication works fine

* First user can't work when second arrives but is not disconnected

* the problem here is that I can't identify the users and phone numbers that will connect: It could be anything, so no possibility to match the caller in the dialer.

Many thanks to those who will be patient enough to read that post until the end !

Alexandre

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Alexandre,

bonjour. I have looked at your configuration and amended a few things. Basically, since each user has his or her own ISDN, I have created a dialer interface per user/BRI. In addition, I have also added the PPP Multilink command, which would enable the users to use both B-channels of their ISDN connection (if you do not need or want that, take out all the 'ppp multilink' commands)...

Can you try and change your configuration, and see if that makes a difference ?

Regards,

GP

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello Alexandre,

bonjour. I have looked at your configuration and amended a few things. Basically, since each user has his or her own ISDN, I have created a dialer interface per user/BRI. In addition, I have also added the PPP Multilink command, which would enable the users to use both B-channels of their ISDN connection (if you do not need or want that, take out all the 'ppp multilink' commands)...

Can you try and change your configuration, and see if that makes a difference ?

Regards,

GP

Dank u zeer Georg !

After implementing the multi-dialer config, it appears to be working just fine.

Calls are treated correctly, each user as a separate and simultaneous access to the network behind.

With a few adjustments (idle-timeouts,...), it meets perfectly my needs !

Thank you again :)

Alexandre.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: