cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RDP over Internet to 2851 help needed.

Michael Durham
Level 4
Level 4

I am working from home and need sound from my office PC and I don't want to purchase a program.  Right now I am using the free version of LogMeIn and it works great except there is no sound.  I would like to be able to connect from my home PC on Comcast (no Cisco stuff here) to my office PC via RDP.

We have a public IP and my PC has a 192.168.10.0 address.  Can I use port forwarding to acomplish this?  If so, what commands do I need to enter on the 2851?  I have full access to the router.

My config is attached

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is the command for your reference:

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.10.x 3389 interface FastEthernet0/0 3389

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

You can either change the RDP port to a different port, or alternatively, if you have spare public IP, then you can use that spare IP for NATing.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is the command for your reference:

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.10.x 3389 interface FastEthernet0/0 3389

Hope that helps.

You ROCK!!!  THANK YOU!!!!!

Works perfectly.   I am going to have to change my PC to a static IP nut that is not big deal.

Again,  Thanks.

Great to hear it's all good. Thanks for the update and ratings.

One more question.   Now that I can access my desktop computer at the office, the boss' wife would like to be able to do the same.  any suggewstions on how we both can remote at the same time?  Would I have to change the rdp port on one of the systems?  Or is there a better/different way to do this?

You can either change the RDP port to a different port, or alternatively, if you have spare public IP, then you can use that spare IP for NATing.

Thanks you