Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Remote Access to Network Having Global IP's

I have a network divided in two locations.In Primary location I have a 1841 router and Pix 515e both parallely conneced to ISP router behind 515e and 1841 router i have 4 servers having Public IP's the issue is when i access these servers from my remote site it passes through pix an not through router where i have configured the VPN which is working what to do to allow users to pass through router rather than pix

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Remote Access to Network Having Global IP's

you would have to change the route(s) that are required to get the traffic from the remote sites to the servers via the router.

this also would require some possible routing change(s) on the PIX.

if you provide your configurations we can better assist you.

(you can mask or hide your public ip addresses for security if you post your configs)

Silver

Re: Remote Access to Network Having Global IP's

I suspect the ISP router are pointing to the PIX as the default gateway instead of the 1841. So the traffic pass via PIX.

You can ask the ISP to point to the 1841 as gateway then the modify the 1841 w/ corresponding routes for the firewall traffic.

Or you can carry it in opposite way then configure corresponding route in PIX to route the PN traffic to 1841.

However, you also need to consider to point the PIX or the 1841 as GW at internal side.

Agreed w/ Greg that please provide more information then we can help more.

Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content