Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Capi with Cisco 2811

w.rau
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

can i configure remote capi on a Cisco 2811?

Which IOS is needed?

Configuration Guide available?

Thank you!

By

W. Rau

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A cisco router can do all what you current product do, and much more. It does not need a server, however optionally it can use an industry-standard radius server for authentication.

The fact you have not found a configuration, is because you are not familair with the product.

To configure cisco productsI recommend you engage a reputable consultant or certfied cisco partner, and not dot try to do yourself.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What problem are you trying to solve in practice ?

So, according to your question i suppose that there isn't a way to configure that kind of remote control for a 2800?

We are trying to replace an installation of routers (non-cisco) that support remote capi with several S2M lines (30 B-channels) and S0 ISDN interfaces.

the cisco 800 series seem to be too small for our needs. that's the reason why we have thought about using cisco 2800.

The next question was how the router currently works:

The Router is only keeping the dial-in connection. There is no authentication on the router. The Server-"controller" decides whether a caller is accepted or rejected. After a caller is accepted it gets its ip address, port and controller-id.

The routers' interfaces have a kind of Interface-ID which will be used by the server: Interface with ID-1 is e.g. on router "alpha" interface ser 0/0:1, ID-2 is on router"beta" interface ser 1/0:1 (its only an example..). I haven't found a configuration on a cisco-router that allows such a direct accest of the interface..

Best regards,

W.Rau.

A cisco router can do all what you current product do, and much more. It does not need a server, however optionally it can use an industry-standard radius server for authentication.

The fact you have not found a configuration, is because you are not familair with the product.

To configure cisco productsI recommend you engage a reputable consultant or certfied cisco partner, and not dot try to do yourself.

willemwabpl88
Level 1
Level 1

w.rau wrote:

So, according to your question i suppose that there isn't a way to configure that kind of remote control for a 2800?

We are trying to replace an installation of routers (non-cisco) that support remote capi with several S2M lines (30 B-channels) and S0 ISDN interfaces.

the cisco 800 series seem to be too small for our needs. that's the reason why we have thought about using cisco 2800.

The next question was how the router currently works:

The Router is only keeping the dial-in connection. There is no authentication on the router. The Server-"controller" decides whether a caller is accepted or rejected. After a caller is accepted it gets its ip address, port and controller-id.

The routers' interfaces have a kind of Interface-ID which will be used by the server: Interface with ID-1 is e.g. on router "alpha" interface ser 0/0:1, ID-2 is on router"beta" interface ser 1/0:1 (its only an example..). I haven't found a configuration on a cisco-router that allows such a direct accest of the interface..

Best regards,

W.Rau.

Thanks for your analysis! I got more deep understanding about this part.