Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Removing a Remote Network from a Site-to-Site VPN

I feel I have to apologize for the basic question but I do not have access to any lab equipment to test this for myself.

When I remove a remote network from a site-to-site VPN will it bounce the tunnel?

To give a little more background, I have 3 sites we can call A, B, and C.  There is a tunnel between A and B and a tunnel between B and C.  All the subnets in site C are listed as remote networks for the tunnel between A->B and all the subnets in site A are listed as remote networks for the tunnel between C->B.  This means for a user in site A to access a machine in site C they must traverse the A->B tunnel into site B and then again traverse the B->C tunnel finally into site C.  What I am attempting to do is build a tunnel between site A and site C allowing for traffic to go directly into site C rather than needing to travel through site B. 

I know that I can just build a tunnel between site A and site C but when I remove site C's subnet from the remote networks of the A->B tunnel will the tunnel need to be rebuilt?

Thank you!

Everyone's tags (2)
1 REPLY

Removing a Remote Network from a Site-to-Site VPN

I apologize again for not listing what equipment I am using.

Site A: ASA 5520 Verison 8.2(5)

Site B: ASA 5540 Version 8.2(5)

Site C: ASA 5540 Version 8.4(3)

Views
Helpful
Replies