Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to Site VPN and SSL VPN

ijlal.farooqi
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I am working on a solution. I have one Headoffice with my Data Center located there while my DR site is located at my plant and it has almost 20 users. I have a third location which is a Branch offices having only 2 people.

I plan to deploy Site to Site VPN between the Data Center and DR Site while the Branch offices may connect through SSL VPN. Please confirm that either this solution is viable or not. Or do i have to go for Site to Site for the Branch office also.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If we knew more about your environment then we might be able to give more complete answers. But based on what you have described I would believe that a site to site VPN between the data center and the DR site and Remote Access VPN from the branch is an appropriate solution.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If we knew more about your environment then we might be able to give more complete answers. But based on what you have described I would believe that a site to site VPN between the data center and the DR site and Remote Access VPN from the branch is an appropriate solution.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Richard.

What do you want to know about the environment.

Also do you know how many SSL VPN licenses does 1921 support.

Regards

ijlal

ijlal

Your description was very general (headquarters with Data Center, DR, and branch) and my response was correspondingly general. If my answers were adequate then I do not need to know anything else. If you have additional questions then we might need additional details.

I have not found a clear answer about how many SSL licenses on the 1921. I found one reference that talks about SEC K9 licenses limiting the router to 225 sessions and that HSEC K9 licenses allow the router to exceed that limit but I did not find anything that specifies what the new limit would be.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Richard,

I was mainly concerned with the fact that if i have a site-to-site vpn between two locations then will the thrid location be able to connect via SSL VPN.

Secondly with regards to the number of SSL VPN supported by 1921, i found one link which states that it will support 25 users.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6586/ps6657/product_data_sheet0900aecd80405e25.html

Regards

ijlal