cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP monitoring of SNR Margin on SB107

alunhawkins
Level 1
Level 1

I don't seem to be able to monitor SNR Margin or Attenuation with SNMP.

(a) SNMP works, I can see other parameters, in fact 2000ish and can monitor them from PRTG.

(b) I can find the parameters I want to monitor in the ADSL-LINE-MIB, "adslaturcurr....", and it seems to be a supported MIB for the SB107 according to Cisco docs (also the parameters of interest are mandatory).

(c) If I use either GetIf or MIB Browser to walk the tree, I don't see the expected OID, i.e. 1.3.6.1.2.1.10.94.1.1.3.1.4

(d) Google searches suggest I probably need another digit (as in ........94.1.1.3.1.4.x) to access the parameter (for instance, I know a Draytek ADSL router needs ........94.1.1.3.1.4.4)

Anyone know what the magic OID number(s) are, or is there some other switch to enable them, or even if these parameters can be monitored?

Thanks,

Alun Hawkins

2 Replies 2

r-simpson
Level 3
Level 3

The upstream device (local end of the ADSL line) and downstream device (remote end of the ADSL line) section displays the SNR Margin (tenth-dB)---Displays the Noise Margin as seen by this device with respect to its received signal in tenth dB.Refer

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps826/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008007f6f9.html for more info.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately this does not solve my problem, perhaps I did not explain it clearly enough.

(a) I do not want (or have) any Cisco software to monitor SNR margin, etc.

(b) I have an SNMP manager supplied by PRTG (to pruduce graphs of network variables).

(c) PRTG is able to talk to the Cisco router and can see the basic SNMP variables, BUT the OID (quoted in the original post) derived from the ADSL MIB does not work (when inserted into PRTG)

So either

(a) I must have got the wrong OID

(b) Monitoring of these variables by SNMP is not possible on the SB107

Regards,

Alun Hawkins.