Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Someone ELSES issue that was NEVER resolved and I have same issue SIX YEARS LATER

This thread https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11285051/anyconnect-disconnects

THREE years ago, no solutions given to this man Barry.   I have the same issues with a Belkin as well.

It suddenly started this year, when I got a BELKIN, when I  moved after having a Motorola Surfboard that never did this., where it is . disconnecting my VPN every few minutes, for no reason. I can be in my RDC window typing and I drop. 

What is this 802.11 protocol?  I am a work remotely QA tester, not an IT or network person.

I just want to stop dropping connection via a router, that does not happen direct connecting to modem, but I need it via router. 

MAC OSX, 

Belkin N750 DB Wireless Router via Charter Communications cable internet.

Any help, eternally grateful.

"Thx vabruno,

I was initially connected, by wire, to my Belkin wireless router, which I suspect didn't employ any 802.11 protocols, but I could be wrong.
I was always able to connect persistently when I bypassed my wireless router and connected, by wire, directly to my cable modem.

Now I have to determine the settings required to enable a connection through my router, which connects me to all of my local resources (printer, etc.).

Where are the resources at Cisco that I need to accomplish this?

And Thx Michael,

I'm glad you were able to get past the connection dropping issue. I disabled all of the IE add ons, but was still unable to stay connected via Cisco VPN for more than a few seconds.

Barry"

2 REPLIES

OK OK, THREE years later!

OK OK, THREE years later! Yikes got that math wrong. 

HERE ARE SETTINGS WHERE IS

To make changes to the wireless settings of the router, make the changes here. Click "Apply Changes" to save the settings.  More Info

2.4GHz5GHz
Wireless Channel >
Extension Channel >
SSID >
Wireless Mode >   More Info
Bandwidth >
Broadcast SSID >  More Info
Protected Mode >  More Info
802.11e/WMM QoS >  More Info

Views
Helpful
Replies