Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH support for Cisco4948 switch

suresh_ba
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a server machine with public key *.pub which needs to be deployed at the Cisco4948 for key SSH authentication.

But it seems Cisco4948 accepts only keys with .pem type.

Pls suggest me a solution on how do i deply my .pub key on to the switch.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh

2 Replies 2

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

The private key is encrypted (protected) via the specified pass phrase. After the key is protected, it may continue to be used by the router; that is Internet Key Exchange (IKE) tunnels and encrypted key export attempts should continue to work because the key remains "unlocked."

To lock the key, which can be used to disable the router, issue the crypto key lock rsa privileged EXEC command. (When you lock the encrypted key, all functions which use the locked key are disabled.)

For More information please click following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00804ae499.html

Hello,

But we have a public DSA key i.e., id_dsa.pub but in the document you have referred seems to describe only rsa keys.

So could you pls let me know whether it is possible to use id_dsa.pub key with Cisco4948 NE for SSH authentication?

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: