Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static NAT for a high number of addresses

Hi,

I need to statically NAT 10000 IP addresses. Is there any possibility to configure this with only a few config statements?

Thanks for hints.

Mat

3 Replies 3

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

A static NAT configuration creates a one-to-one mapping and translates a specific address to another address. This type of configuration creates a permanent entry in the NAT table as long as the configuration is present and enables both inside and outside hosts to initiate a connection.

Thanks for your answer. However it does not help me at all. My question was how to configure a high number of static NAT entries. I know what the purpose of a static NAT entry is technically spoken.

Regards,

Mat

As a static NAT entry is a one-to-one mapping, you would need 10,000 entries like this:

ip nat inside source static x.x.x.x y.y.y.y

Where for each one, x.x.x.x is one of your 10,000 inside addresses, and y.y.y.y is one of your 10,000 outside addresses.

You can use a NAT pool for the group of outside addresses, and an access list for the group of inside addresses - but this would be for dynamic NAT.

I'm not sure there is a quick way of creating the configuration you require unfortunately. If the IP addresses were sequential you could write a script to generate the lines of configuration, and then paste them in, I suppose.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: