Views
Helpful
Replies

TACACS+ Authentication For Cisco NAM

Steven Chua
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have an cisco ACS v5.1 and also a cisco NAM. Currently, I have configured TACACS+ on the NAM and the ACS v5.1 however when I try to access the NAM, the ACS v5.1 has an error message of "TACACS+ authentication ended with error" and I am not able to access the equipment.

For your information, I have no problem with others equipment TACACS+ authentication with the same ACS.

Please advise.

Thks and Rgds

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Steven

I would first suggest that you verify that your ACS has an appropriate and correct entry configured for the NAM as a client. Assuming that is correct then I would suggest that you check and verify that the NAM is originating its TACACS requests from the address that you configured for the client on the ACS and that the shared secret is the same on both devices.

If those are correct then I would suggest to look in the Failed Attempts report of ACS and see if it provides a better identification of the problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: