Views
Helpful
Replies

terminal server..NAS

network27
Level 1
Level 1

Today is the first day I heard of the producted called "2511 RJ"

Obviously, I want to setup the lab so the two schools can share the equipment .

Q: Does Cisco 2511 RJ require dialup modem? The two schools locate on adifferent continent, so dialup is a bad idea, Im thinking of bring it online via www. Is it possible with cisco 2511rj?

Thanks for dropping by.

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

With PSTN you can avail very minimal bandwidth which may not be helpful/enough to run or have data transfer between your locations.

The kinda media you go on for depends on the kinda data transfer you are going to have and also the frequency during which you are going to have the same..

regds

Hi Spremkumar,

The goal is to allow students e.g from India to telnet into the equipment to australia. I cant go through the PSTN because of the distance and the long term cost. The best option for me is to go through the WWW.

Basically, I want to do the same thing as other rack rental website such as ccie4u.com. But in my case its for short term, educational trial only, you can say Im trying to promote Cisco equipment to other Universities.

Does any one know about the equipment/structure used by those online rack rentals? Much appreciate if you can give me some feedback on how to setup remote labs.

Q: Is it possibleto connect AS2511rj to other routers/switches and use it via WWW? I dont have AS2511RJ to play around with so I have to ask silly questions, sorry!