cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble bringing up both B-channels in ISDN connection

aasanusi1
Level 1
Level 1

What do I need to do to bring up Both channels in an ISDN connection. I am testing an ISDN connection for a video conference. The connection is established but with only one channel. I configured ppp multilink with dialer load threshold of 1 either, still there is only one channel that comes up. I have two phone numbers and they are both configured in the dialer string configuration. Please advise.

2 Replies 2

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

A couple of things... Is your ISDN BRI line ordered with 2 SPID's on it. Some can get ordered as 1B+D instead of 2B+D... Also do a debug ISDN Q931 on the router to see what actually is happening with the call. See if the router is actually trying to dial out and if so then it will show you what is happening to the call.....

Thank you for your reply. Yes the line is ordered with two SPIDs. I have got it to work. I changed the load interval on the bri interface to 30 seconds and also added the command isdn fast-rollover-delay 10 to the bri interface. The changes brought up the second channel and bundled both channels. Thanks once more for your response.