Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to remotely login to my sisters computer but failed

rahulgandhi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All..

I am trying to remotely login to my Sisters computer located in India from U.S...

What we have done till now:

My sister has recently taken Internet connection in India and computer is connected via Modem and she could login to Modem and could find the Global IP address of their Internet connection.

I am able to ping their global ip address/modem ip address attached to their computer..Now how do i login to their computer? I have used VNC server,net meeting etc..but I believe there is something to do with their Internet provider or to do port forwarding(they do not have any router) or to add their local IP address in DMZ of Provider(but they do not have any DMZ options in their Modem settings or options)....

Can somebody please help me to remotely login to my sisters workstation...that would be of great help to us..

5 Replies 5

reza.behroozi
Level 1
Level 1

hi

fist your sister ip address must be valid

then if her os is windows you can use remote desktop

if isp closed resmote desktop port you must use third party application with differnt port

on linux you can use vns

please email me if you want more info

reza.behroozi@gmail.com

Hello..

My sister's global IP address(was found at::http://www.ip-adress.com/)...and used that so I believe it should be valid...

And since she has windows xp home edition Remote desktop is not supported...so we used vnc server, net meeting..still unable to login....can u guide me with this..

with a port scanner software search ports that u want to use

Hello Reza...

My problem is if she has a router she could do port forwarding but since she does not have a router and only accessing internet through Modem where do we do port forwarding?

For that do I need to ask Internet provider there or can we do anything locally..

hardiklodhia
Level 1
Level 1

hi rahul,

Have you turned off the firewall in remote desktop???if not then try it .