cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect to file servers

femiayegbusi
Level 1
Level 1

I just got a laptop with VISTA OS.Each time I log into file server,It replies with wrong Password or username.

I successfully log in when I use Window XP OS with same Username & Password as opposed to Window Vista OS.

Pls I need Apt response to this hiccup.I believe is a setting problem but how to go about it is what i dont know.

Thanks...

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Femi

Are you using Hyperterm on the Vista laptop? I understand that there are issues with Hyperterm and Vista. I would suggest that you try a different terminal program and see if it makes a difference.

There are quite a few terminal programs available and many of them are free. I know people who are using PuTTY and are happy with it. I know people who are very happy with TeraTerm. My personal preference is SecureCRT (but this is the one that is not free).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Did you check the error code in the Vista event viewer? Microsoft have link to KnowledgeBase for every error code.

You mentioned that you just got the Vista laptop. Thus this means you previously have a old laptop and could it be XP laptop? Did you name your new Vista laptop the same name with your XP laptop? Do you need to login/join to a domain before accessing the file server? You may need to ask the domain/fiel server administrator for help, or unjoin/rejoin your laptop from the domain.

Regards,

Dandy

My new Laptop uses Window VISTA operating system.This hiccup persists.

Thanks for your response.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: