Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading from Cisco ACS v 3.3 to Cisco ACS v 4.2

ben_simon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.

We are in the process of upgrading our remote access server, and part of this is moving from ACS 3.3 to 4.2

What is the best way to export the DB? CSUTIL.EXE?

Cheers!

Ben

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Depending on the ACS version from which you upgrade, you can take different paths for upgrading to ACS SE 4.2. You only can upgrade to ACS 4.2 from ACS version 3.2.x, 3.3.x, 3.3.3 or 4.0, if you have first upgraded to ACS 4.1.

Refer the section"Upgrading and Migrating to Cisco Secure Solution Engine 4.2" in the following url which will help you in the upgrade process:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_solution_engine/4.2/installation/guide/solution_engine

I read about having to go to 4.1 and then to 4.2 in many places but tried going straight from 3.3.4 to 4.2 in my test environment today and worked. All my users, groups, etc are there.

So I thought I would come in here and see if anyone else has tried it. When installing, it never said I had 3.3.4 and had to go to 4.1 first. I would think if 4.1 was a requirement, it would have said something.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: