cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client 5.0.04.0300 Installation Issue

samcapaldi317
Level 1
Level 1

When I try installing the VPN Client ver 5.0.04.03000 I get an error message saying "Error 27854: The Network Configuration LOck is held by another application. Close all applications and run Setup again. ..."

c

I have tried shutting down all processes in Task Manager and any services to no avail. I have tried logging in as a local user ... same error. And have tried rebooting in Safe Mode but get error saying the system admin won't allow me to install.

Lastly, I scoured to web and found nothing. Mine is the only laptop (Dell D630) which won't allow. All other D630's will allow the install.

Please help.

7 Replies 7

DialerString_2
Level 3
Level 3

I would try disabling your network interfaces, including the WIFI. I hate to type the following but, use MSCONIG.

Thanks. I disabled every network adapter and interface in MSCONFIG and under Device Manager but still received the same error message.

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem on my laptop (OS: Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit, SP 1). I've tried many options as samcapaldi317 tried but all my efforts are in vain. I would encourage Cisco to find a solution and if there are any suggestions, I'd really appreciate if you post them.

Thanks.

Same problem... Dell Latitude D630, Vista SP1, 5.0.04 client.

I had this problem and resolved it with the following:

Uninstall the VPN client if it is not already.

Download and run: ftp://files.citrix.com/winfix.exe

Reboot your pc.

Download and run:

ftp://files.citrix.com/dneupdate.msi 32bit clients

ftp://files.citrix.com/dneupdate64.msi 64bit clients

Reboot pc

Install VPN client.

Hey, thanks!  That seems to work for me!

Thanks cinchome76!  This solution worked for me on a Windows 8.1 machine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: