Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

VPN Question - RADIUS (MS IAS) to LDAP Authentication

When I was using RADIUS (MS IAS) people who would type "domain\username" or "username" would be authenticated correctly. Now I have switched to LDAP and when users type "domain\username" it no longer works. I think I understand why this doesn't work, due to the way LDAP looks up users in the directory. My question is....is there anyway to strip that from the username? I have seen the "strip-realm" and "strip-group" commands, but I dont think those apply in this case. Does anybody have any insight into this? Why would "domain\username" work for RADIUS? Thanks!

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: VPN Question - RADIUS (MS IAS) to LDAP Authentication

Before you are going to select the group you have create VPN tunnel, Then you select choose server group.

"strip-realm" and "strip-group" commands states to select the server group which you configured early.

1. Attribute names and values are case sensitive.

2. If you do not know the exact attribute names or spellings that are provided by the LDAP server, it can be helpful to examine the debugs before you create the map.

For further information click this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a008060f261.shtml#steps

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content