Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1

scheikhnajib
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have a requirement to connect some branch offices to a central site using a legacy TDM network with E1/G704 circuits. The telecom provider will provide an E1/G704 trunk into the central site and similar connections into each remote location and my target is to create point to point links across this network as the carrier will map time slots across the network. Some sites will require 64K only and some will require nx64K so I need to have the flexibility in allocating DS0s to serial interfaces.

I was thinking about using a multiplexer from Ad-Net (P/N: AN-E1-4V35) which aggregates V35 interfaces over E1/G704 (see image attached) but I though that a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 might be a better approach and will save me space and cost of course.

Any thoughts? Will it work? How many point to point links can I create? Any limitations?

Cheers,

Salem.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, the VWIC (any type) is the right product, will do exactly what you need (called channelized interface), and eliminates the need for an external unit and tens of cables.

E1 has 31 channels and that is the max. number of channel-groups that you can configure per port.

Hello,

I have a VWIC-2MFT-E1. THe problem is that i can only create 2 channel-group per port. Any solution for it.

THanks

Huong

There is no solution as it is a documented limitation.

For fully channelized application you should use HWIC-xCE1T1-PRI.

Please open new thread for different problems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: