cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what extra data can I obtain by adding an acs server to Prime infrastructure?

kaval sandhu
Level 1
Level 1

just want to know the additional information received from the ACS server as we do not have an ISE

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Very little, if anything, directly.

Presumably if you are using ACS you would use it as your authentication server. If that is in place of local device authentication using a shared username ("admin" or some such), then your syslog messages would perhaps show logins and device configuration changes by actual username so you would have that bit of extra information.

Similarly, if you were using 802.1x and the ACS server was your RADIUS server in such a setup then 802.1x authentication events would be logged by username.

Hi Marvin,

thanks for the reply, I will be using dot1x with the ACS. I was hoping that I would be able to get a 360 view of the users as they logged in/out of the system the same way ISE works and integrates with Prime. but basically I can only view the logs as syslogs? the same syslogs that ACS itself has under the reports page?

also ive done a little digging and need to enter a command on the ACS to enable the view server?

Thanks

Kav

I haven't used the view server personally. There are a couple of good documents on setting up elsewhere on this forum though:

Link #1

Link #2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: