cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the Cisco 881G "PDP establish max timeout" ?

tyllin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

What is the Cisco 881G "PDP establish max timeout"?

The Cisco 881G 3G connection is to be disconnect by PDP establish max timeout. I want to infinite to establish this connection. What parameter I can adjust?

4 Replies 4

Hi Philip

I try to setup dialer persistent to interface cellular0, but have no command on this interface. It seems to to create dialer interface to setup.  If I already setup to the physical interface cellular0. Could you have others commands?

Regards,

Jonson

Hi Jonson,

PDP Context Idle Timeout

When a data session is established it uses resources in the network, if there is no data passing over this session then many operators close the session automatically after a set period of time. This can be as short as after 10 mins and as long as after 24 hours. Each time the data session is closed any rounding and minimum session size criteria will be applied.

try the below command.

you also might need to update the firmeware on the router to get the dialer persistant command

router(config-if)#dialer idle-timeout 0

cheer

phil

Hi Phil

The cisco 881G cellular interface configures 3G dialer and I also configure GRE tunnel interface thru this cellular interface. My tunnel interface setup keepalive to 10 seconds. so I think that it should not to meet "no data passing over this session"

I had aleady tried command "dialer idle timeout 0" perviously. sometime It causes the cellular interface is up, but the GGSN is disconnect this session. no any traffic can pass over this interface, and cannot auto-initial the cellular interface until I manual shutdown and no shutdown.

Regards,

Jonson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: