Views
Helpful
Replies

WIC-1AM and ASYNC 32A CONFLICT FOR OUT OF BAND ACCESS

veltech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am hoping that one of you veteran experts out there can help with a problem I am having on our access server. The basic set up is as follows:

Cisco 2620 XM

WIC-1AM

ASYNC 32A

Works perfectly as an access server until we slot the WIC-1AM card into the router. Then it knocks out the ASYNC 32A and we cannot dial in to the modem either; put another way the two cards just do not seem to want to co habit in the router. When using the same config with just the WIC-1AM fitted, it works like a dream using Hyper terminal over the PSTN. Or by removing the WIC-1AM the Async module works fine, just will not work together.

Any help and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try updating IOS. Other than that, you would need to supply more details about "it knocks out".

Thanks for your response.

We have a few of these 2620 XMs around with different IOS on them and we have tried 2 or 3 different ones with the same result. When I say "knocks it out" I mean that the Async stops functioning and so does the WIC-1AM, in other words neither will function correctly although still powered up in the router. One particular IOS did allow the 2 cards to co habit, but only the Async 32 would work, dial in access was not possible to the WIC 1AM. As you say IOS seems a likely possibility but according to Cisco documentation we are using an IOS that supports both cards. We are using:

c2600-advsecurityk9-mz.124-1a.bin

Do you have any idea which IOS may allow both cards to function simultaneously?

Regards,

As above. Update IOS to latest.

Still no luck with this problem. Tried the combination of WIC-1AM and NM32A in 3 different 2620XMs we have in the lab running later IOS and still we cannot get the two cards to work together.

Any more ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: