cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 7 And Vista - Cisco SSL VPN?

voiper_99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I am trying to get my SSL VPN working on a Windows 7 and Vista PCs, however, I am not having any luck. I can however get it working on my Windows XP machines.

I have read a lot about Windows 7's and Vista's incompatibilities with Cisco's SSL VPN, however, I was hoping someone may have found a solution?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Brian M
Level 1
Level 1

I am using AnyConnect on both Vista-64 and Windows7-64.

Windows7-64 does seem to have a problem with AnyConnect because each packet takes about 500ms but I don't have any issues with Vista.

What errors are you getting?

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have tried using AnyConnect by uploading and installing the "sslclient-win-1.1.4.179-anyconnect.pkg" package on the router(which downloads to the PC/Laptop clients when they connect via HTTPS), and it works perfectly for XP. However, Windows 7 and Vista say "The installer was not able to start the Cisco SSL VPN Client. Please contact your IT Administrator for more information".

After seeing that I installed "AnyConnect Client Version 2.3.2016" on both the Vista and Windows 7 laptops. When I try to connect to the HTTPS address of the SSL router I get told "The Certificate Issuer for this site is untrusted or unknown. Do you wish to proceed?", (this is because I have a self signed certificate installed on the router). If I click "yes" it tries to contact the SSL router but then says "Unable to process response from xx.xx.xx.xx" (xx being the IP address of the SSL router).

if I install/import the certificate and then click "yes" to the question above, I get a message "Connection attempt has filed (timeout)."

To perform further testing, I also installed "AnyConnect Client Version 2.3.2016" on my Windows XP laptop and for some reason found that I was getting the same errors as the Vista and Windows 7 laptops as per my above message. However, the same Windows XP laptop still works when I access the VPN through a web browser. Do you have any ideas as to why this would be happening?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: