Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway to Gateway - With Two RV082 Devices - One Static one Dynamic

makotocole5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco,

I have two Cisco RV8082 Routers which I would like to setup a VPN Tunnel with Gateway to Gateway.  One location is a static IP Address.  The other location is a dynamic IP address.

1. Can someone let me know if this is setup is possible.
  2. Can someone give me a brief walk through or point me in the right direction on how to set this up. 

Thanks so much for the Cisco Support.

2 Replies 2

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

The administration guide has an appendix showing an config example just like what you want to do.

blwright
Level 1
Level 1

Makoto,

below is a link to the admin as well as the steps for setting up the gateway to gateway tunnel. The section you are looking for starts on page 160.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv0xx/administration/guide/rv0xx_AG_78-19576.pdf

If you are having issues after going through the steps below please call 1.866.606.1866 and open a support ticket.

Blake Wright

Cisco SBSC Network Engineer

STEP 1 Connect a PC to the router (Site A), and start the web-based configuration utility.

STEP 2 Enter a name in the Tunnel Name field.

STEP 3 Select the appropriate Interface, WAN1 or WAN2.

STEP 4 Check Enable.

STEP 5 For the Local Security Gateway Type, select IP Only. The WAN IP address of the

Site A router will be automatically detected.

STEP 6 For the Local Security Group Type, select Subnet. Enter the Site A router’s local

network settings in the IP Address and Subnet Mask fields.

STEP 7 For the Remote Security Gateway Type, select Dynamic IP + Domain Name

(FQDN) Authentication, and then enter the domain name of the Site B router. In our

example, we would enter MyBusiness.DynDNS.org.

Alternatively, choose Dynamic IP+ Email Address (User FQDN) Authentication,

and then enter any email address.

STEP 8 For the Remote Security Group Type, select Subnet. Enter the local network

settings of the Site B router in the IP Address and Subnet Mask fields.

STEP 9 In the IPSec Setup section, select the appropriate encryption, authentication, and

other key management settings. (These should match the settings of the Site B

router.)

STEP 10 In the Preshared Key field, enter a string for this key, for example, 13572468.

STEP 11 If you need more detailed settings, click Advanced. Otherwise, click Save.

STEP 12 Verify that the computers at Site A and the computers at Site B can ping one

another (refer to Windows Help for more information). If they can ping each other,

then the VPN tunnel is configured correctly.