Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for better router then rv325

uday
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have RV325 router, we are looking for better router which gives us around 300 MAC address to binding in router capability and more web url filters, security, firewall features. Can any one suggest better Router Please?

Thanks,

Uday.

4 Replies 4

dan
Level 1
Level 1

Considering all the problems in last months and the way the cisco ignore this problems, I think anything than cisco is better.

drodrig4@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Greetings Uday,

I would totally recommend our new RV345, with a Security Licence. This will allow you so many Security features, Web Filtering and more.

If you need more information, you can call us back at +1 800 553 6387 (Pre Sales Department)

Best regards!

Thanks for reply, looked at data sheet and features of RV345. looks good and better then RV325. However the all other security features it has, user has to additionally pay on yearly. yearly cost of others is more then what we pay for actual device. it does not make good deal.

Can you suggest a better gateway router which comes with all these additional features that includes base cost?

thanks,

Uday 

yeah I wouldn’t go with the RV345 until they get their $hit together.  I wanted to use the web filtering but there’s too many hoops to jump.  The 90 day evaluation period didn’t work either.  I wanted to used the AnyConnect VPN but wasn’t allowed to download the client software because I don’t have a private email domain, WTF.  I just got so sick of dealing with cisco trying navigate the obstacles I just said to hell with it and gave the client another solution. I do like the router features that do seem to work over the RV325 GUI and earlier RV routers but I think it needs another year to work out bugs (see other threads) and sort out the way they handle this smart software BS.  It could have been made easy to access and impliment but instead it’s a convoluted mess.

Can the RV345 handle 300 dhcp reservations?  The RV325 is 80 I think?  

I think in the help file it said 100 reservation when looking into the IP Guard but I wasn’t really concerned about that so didn’t pay it much mind.