Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with WRVS4400N router.

shaulco887766
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem with new WRVS4400N router.

after connected it to my infrastructure modem and configured its WAN configuration with my ISP supplier,

ISP see that I'm connected, I see that I'm connected, get an EXCELLENT link and about 70M link speed.

Yet no able to access the web when trying to do so from a different devices ( TABLET, LAPTOP) or different connections ( WiFi , Ethernet cable).

when I'm connected directly to my infrastructure modem, access to web is successful.

in addition, when previous router ( EDIMAX ) that was connected also and tried, access to web was successful.

Can you please help me solve this issue ?

Not able to understand what is the problem.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

linksysinfo
Level 4
Level 4

Can you access the WebGUI of the WRVS4400N when it is connected to the infastructure modem.

is it a cable modem?

Try rebooting the Modem, then once all LEDs have gone solid/normal and modem is stable, reboot the WRVS4400N and try again.

Regards Simon
http://www.linksysinfo.org

Regards Simon

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

linksysinfo
Level 4
Level 4

Can you access the WebGUI of the WRVS4400N when it is connected to the infastructure modem.

is it a cable modem?

Try rebooting the Modem, then once all LEDs have gone solid/normal and modem is stable, reboot the WRVS4400N and try again.

Regards Simon

Regards Simon

hi,

Yes I can access the WebGUI of the WRVS4400N when it is connected to the infastructure modem.

regarding your question if its a cable modem ?

Yes, i think so.

an Ethernet cable is connected to it.

I have already tried rebooting the Modem, and when all LEDs have gone solid/normal and modem is stable, I have reboot the WRVS4400N and checked it, yet same response.

I have rebooted the Modem, the Cisco router , the devices ( laptop , tablet).

any idea what can be the problem ?

Hi,

In addition, as said earier , when tried to work previously with EDIMAX router , didnt have any problem connecting nor access the WEB.

Thanks Shaul

linksysinfo
Level 4
Level 4

Check all the wan settings on the wrvs4400n are exactly the same as your old router. You might also need to clone the Mac address from the old routers wan port to your new router wan port. Some ISPs lock down the main IP address to one Mac only.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Regards Simon

Hi Simon,

I have checked all the wan settings on the wrvs4400n and they are the same as EDIMAX router.

In EDIMAX router I have configured the WAN settings with following values before I successfuly connected and accessed the Internet :

Internet connection type : L2TP

my Internet access USERNAME + PASSWORD

ISP GW (in name format)

In Cisco router I have configured the WAN settings with following values :

Internet connection type : L2TP

my Internet access USERNAME + PASSWORD

ISP GW (in IP format)

* I also saw that the password field is staying blank although I have write it and saved it few times,I dont know if this is ok, or not, I saw it and it looks strange (yet, the Cisco is connecting and ISP see it connected)

can you ellaborate regarding that need to clone the Mac address from the old routers wan port to new router wan port ?

I wasnt told anything about that from my ISP provider.

Hi,

Just to correct a mistypo entry I have made yesterday..

I have clicked by mistake on "Correct Answe" rproblem with WRVS4400N router...

please ignore that.

Thanks Shaul

shaulco co wrote:

Hi Simon,

can you ellaborate regarding that need to clone the Mac address from the old routers wan port to new router wan port ?

I wasnt told anything about that from my ISP provider.

There should be somewhere within the web gui of the WRVS4400N that allows you to do Mac Address cloning. this is when you use the mac address of the WAN port on your EDIMAX and place it in the Clone MAC address setting on the WRVS4400N.  you ISP may only allow one MAC address on there system from your account.

I know this is an old page but it will look something like this one listed below.  Cisco has changed their WebGUI on newer firmwares.

http://ui.linksys.com/files/WRVS4400N/1.00.12/Setup_MAC.htm

Please note this is only a hunch that your ISP may have single MAC addressing on the router that is connected to there device.  You could also try phoing their Tech Support if you dont get anywhere with the setup.

Regards Simon

Regards Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I have talked with the Cisco support and they gave me few actions to do.

I have tried all actions that were suggested, and even a new router ( same model), yet it didnt successed.

I will replace to other router, it seems that there is no solution for that.

Thanks Shaul

No problem, sounds more likely now to be an ISP issue.  are you able to contact your Provider (not Cisco) and see if they have a lock on the EDIMAX device?

Regards Simon

Regards Simon